Saturday, October 9, 2010

Autumn Fashion Showcase - 5 -


It's the last day of the AMFS. :( This has been so much fun. Thank you again Marie for hosting it!

I saved a favorite outfit for this final day. I hope that you like it as much as I do!


The top of this dress is really weird, so I use a black jacket to cover it up and add some sophistication to the mainly casual feel of the outfit.

This is my favorite, favorite ring ever! I found it in my mom's jewelry box one day. She said it was my great-grandmother's and that I could have it. Yay!

My fringed boots, which I love passionately. I wear them everywhere and with everything. Sure, the whole fringed boot trend ended a while ago, but that is not making an impact on me! :)

~Specifics~
Dress~ Converse One Star at Target (For $7.50!)
Jacket~ DKNY
Tights~ They appeared in my sock drawer one day.
Boots~ Xhilaration at Target
Ring~ Vintage

~~~~
Now, on the topic of dressing in a feminine way. I was at a conference today with my grandparents. During a break, I was walking around with my grandma, who always and anytime looks her best. Today she was wearing a simple and classy outfit composed of a long skirt, white shirt, and silk scarf. An older man, a total stranger, stopped us and said to her, "I am so glad to see a woman who is dressed like a lady. There just aren't enough of those today."

Wow. People do notice and appreciate women and girls who are willing to be different and be feminine! While I am not going to stop wearing jeans anytime soon, I am very willing to make skirts and dresses parts of my everyday wardrobe.

Thanks for looking!
~Margaret Rowena

3 comments:

Marianela said...

Same here with the jeans part. ;)
Great post and story today! Really like the ring and boots! :D

Ellyn said...

! I was hoping you'd wear this today!

Kaley Grace said...

Ooh, definitely adorable! Very sophiscated in a fun kinda way! (And that ring. is. gorgeous. I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous!) :)