Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Currently reading....



Sure, I could have simply updated my books page, but I am so excited about the books I am reading right now I had to do a post about them. Starting from the bottom:

Peace like a River- This is the book I read in the evening while enjoying the sunset. I love the atmosphere of it.

Les Miserables- After listening to the musical's soundtrack, I was absolutely pumped to begin the book. It is really good. The writing and translation are clear and sharp, and the depth is enough to blow you away.

Enna Burning- Who doesn't love or at least like anything by Shannon Hale? My favorite part of any of her books are the characters, and Enna Burning's are no exception. :)

Mossflower- I am loving the forest-ey setting for this one.

Gone with the Wind- I have found it! The perfect summer read! I can park myself outside in the sun and read this one for hours and hours. It sweeps me away. I know that I won't finish it by summer's end, and I probably won't read it during the school year, but I am definitely reading it next year.
~~~~~
Today I am leaving for my second and last week of camp counseling, so I won't be posing or commenting for the rest of the week. I would appreciate any prayer!

It's raining where I am at today, but I hope that the rest of you find ways to stay cool and enjoy summer!

~Margaret Rowena

5 comments:

Ellyn said...

I just HAVE to read something by Shannon Hale. I heard that "The Goose Girl" was good. Have you read it?

Caroline said...

I LOVE Shannon Hale! She is positively my favorite writer. I didn't like Enna Burning, but Goose Girl and River Secrets are my favorites. I agree, her characters are amazing, as is her writing quality.

Ellyn, just to let you know, I LOVED the Goose Girl--one of the best books I've ever read.:) (and it takes a lot for me to say that.)

Have a great time at camp, Margaret Rowena!!

Susannah said...

Ooh.. Gone With the Wind is awesome!

Megan said...

Hey!

I started a free, online Christian girls magazine called Inspired. I was wondering if you were interested in subscribing or joining the staff. For more info, check out our website: www.inspiredmagazine.webs.com

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

Emily Glover said...

I feel special! (and I LOVE to use exclamation points!! except when I write...) By the way, I love your blog!! I can't wait to see you darling!!