Friday, June 11, 2010

Templates and layouts and themes, oh my!

[Sorry, I just couldn't resist that title!] Wowza, hasn't this blog changed? I discovered the template designer thing and, after some apprehension, dived right in. To tell the truth, I rather missed my old template and Shabby Blogs theme, but I have warmed up to this very new one. Who knows, maybe I am not finished with it yet... What do you, as the people that will be looking at this page the most, think? Please tell me, as I L-O-V-E feedback.

This morning, at around 4:30 AM, a huge thunderstorm blew through my area. It was the perfect thunderstorm, as it: had a good balance of thunder and lightning (both very loud and bright), lasted for quite some time, poured rain, and wasn't destructive. Mmm, why can't there be more of those storms? Anyway, after it mostly blew over, the birds began their usual singing, only a little late. I thought that, although the storm delayed their singing and the morning, it did not terminate them completely. There were even some left-over rumbles of thunder and small flickers of lightning, but they sang as soon as they could. I liked that.

Well, I am off to the zoo for the morning with my mom and sister, and I hope that you have delightful day, too!

[I began this post with brackets, and I am ending it with them, too. I probably sacrificed some facts about birds in the paragraph about the storm, but I liked the idea of recovering after trauma too much to alter it.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect storm!!! wish i had storms like that.... and the birdies singing!! so cool!!!

Caio,
Tori

emily said...

The backgrond looks very pretty:D