Monday, June 28, 2010

Doubts

It was a dark and stormy night... just kidding, it was actually a quiet and grey morning, and I was not happy. I was sad, lonely, and far from home. I wanted to be home, but I knew I wouldn't be for a week. I picked up my Bible, looking for comfort. I thought, In all the missionary biographies I have read, they just start reading and find exactly the strength they need. Do they just open to a random spot?

I asked God to please show me something comforting, but I still had doubts. After some weighing of ideas of where to read, I just decided to pick up where I had left off in the Psalms a few days ago. I was on the 13th.

I started reading, barely expecting anything.

But God still cared about me, even when I was doubting His love. That 13th psalm epitomized the feelings of loneliness I had that morning and gave me back the knowledge that God is always, always watching and caring for me.

I will sing to the LORD, because he had dealt bountifully with me. -Psalm 13:6

No comments: