Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer's Soundtrack

Okay, today is the third consecutive gorgeous day of the Spring. It's so warm, sunny, and green out there. I have transitioned from resigned furry boots to tentative flip flops to joyous bare feet. Friends, Summer's back!

And of course there's music to compliment this utterly delightful change. Here's a *very small* sampling of my favorite summer tracks. . . .



Chopin is my hero. Currently, this is my favorite prelude of his.



Why, yes, I selected the video that features a b&w photo of a very solemn composer. :)
Rimsky-Korsakov is so good for reading with. I love the adventure his music is infused with.



Okay. If Chopin is my hero, Debussy is my inspiration. Clair de Lune is special to me. I love playing it, listening to it....everything. I love its flawless key changes and fluid chords. I should stop gushing.
~
So those are my classical tracks. Other favorites that are perfect for golden summer evenings . . .


Ahh...I was introduced to this duo last summer and have enjoyed them since. I love listening to this piece on bright afternoons. And any other time of day. :)


I saved the best for last! This is the song that puts my summer ideals to music. I. love. George. Winston.
~~~~
There are so many other songs that I love for this time of year. What do you listen to in the summer?

1 comment:

Dakota Nicole said...

Beautiful music!! I play the fiddle & love it!