Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday Night Reads


I love Friday nights. Last night was a rainy and low key one, so I pulled several of my favorite reads off the shelves and hunkered down in my room to enjoy them to the fullest.

I go down the stack, opening one at random and reading a chapter. It's so fun to relive the books I love. Last night's selections:
The Goose Girl--Shannon Hale is such a fun author.
Peace like a River--Mmm. MMM. A joy.
Torn Heart--Ellyn's novel, one of my favorites.
The Princess and the Goblin --Good old-fashioned fairy tale.
The Scarlet Pimpernel--Another of the Bestest Novels Ever.
The Shining Company--A Sonlight favorite.
IronHeart and IronSpear--These remind me of Eragon.
The Rescuers--The Disney movie has nothing on the novel. Garth Williams illustrations!
The Thief Lord--Always makes me smile. :)
The Silver Branch--A Sutcliff I haven't read yet.
Pride and Predjudice--Jane Austen is good for the soul.

I want to invent a bunk bed-compatible bedside table....

3 comments:

*Lizzie* said...

Oh I love "Pride and Predjudice"! And The "Scarlet Pimpernel"!
I haven't read the books yet but have seen the movies and loved them! Pride and Predjudice is the BEST movie ever! I'm going to read the book VERY soon and can't wait to!
God bless!

Ellyn said...

Looks SO cozy!

And I agree with the Jane Austen comment. ^_^

Anonymous said...

That looks so cozy and awesome! :D :D Definitely a way I'd love to spend my Friday evening!