Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Beautiful Summer

This summer, I....

...majorly loved the sky after some magnificent storms.
...had some delightful times with my wonderful friends.


...wrote. Not as much as I had hoped to, but I wrote, and that's all that matters, right? And I really like some of it. *grin*


...enjoyed some homemade ice cream. Thank you Dad!


... had a wonderful stint with fireworks.

...went camping! My summer is never complete without at least a weekend of roughing it.



Although these photos describe my summer very well, here is the one that really sums it all up:

My favorite part of this summer was the evenings. Reading, writing, and drawing in the glow of the setting sun. I love that time of day, even more so in the summer.

And now, school and autumn begin. Leisure will become rare, grass will fade, the sun will set at six. A new season to love and live.

Goodbye, summer.


"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

Ellyn said...

I love the firework picture! And your quote at the end - it's sweet :) And *cough* I love that picture of those four beautiful gals you posted....

Claudia said...

Are you who I think you are ;)? I recognize your friends, but not your name. Some of your blessing are familiar to me, but I didn't know you were a photographer too :D
Margaret Rowena must be your pen name huh? Thank you for following my blog.
See you Sunday? wink, wink
♥Claudia