Monday, September 20, 2010

A quick post...

Here is a very well-known Bible verse I have taken for granted for a long time:

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. -Philippians 4:4

I often forget about the remarkable gift God has given me in salvation. I can only see straight ahead, looking only for the mundanely annoying things in life's many imperfections. It is really easy to become bitter.

But the verse above says to praise God all the time, not only when life is good, because it has been bad and often will be! I was not promised a perfect when I became a Christian, but I have been promised God's eternal love. I have been given everything in it; how can I not be happy?

3 comments:

Caroline said...

That was a great post, Margaret! I totally agree! We have so much to be glad about!:)

Mia said...

Hey Margaret! Thanks so much for the comment... and for following my blog! You have a nice little spot here! I read one of your older posts, when you were asking for blogging advice... I totally know what you mean, I'm always looking for ways to make my blog better too! I would have to say on thing that I was really glad I improved was making my photos larger. I think it makes thing a little more... dramatic. So anyway... that's my advice. Keep up the good work! :)

Marianela said...

Good post, your absolutely right about that btw! ;)

Thanks for following my blog! :)