Friday, June 17, 2011

Home.

It's been a long week at camp. Feelings like awe, exhaustion, joy, near-misery, peace, and many others flew through me at a million miles a second. Camp is like that. I'm in a different environment, the kids are in a different environment, and we're there simply to have fun and meet God.

The growth I see in the kids is worth all the challenges. God's ability to soften hearts, forgive our failings, and show His love simply awes.

When I'm away from home, and wildly busy at my new location, my perspective changes. Coming home makes that clear.

pollen

My driveway becomes a source of pleasure to look at.

golden

I remember how much I love the trees in the yard.

flip

I'm reminded, delightfully, of how much fun my sister is.

fence

I remember how good it feels to take pictures.

welcome

It doesn't matter that the floor isn't spotlessly vacuumed or that someone forgot to put away their shoes. It only matters that I'm back home.

It's a hard word to define....I still don't have my definition figured out, even though I'm reveling in it. :) I think that if I melded contentment, peace, and simplicity together, I'd begin to get to that meaning.

Anyway, I should go finish the laundry. :)
~M

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

You have got to tell me all about camp! I can't wait to see you.