Saturday, June 25, 2011

April 30

I realized that I neglected to tell you, my lovely readers, about something wonderful that happened a while ago.

I got a dslr.

(!!!!)

If you've been following since earlier this winter, you might remember some posts in which I either mentioned or fully expounded on my dreams about a big, nice camera. That dream came true about a month and a half ago.

April 30 was a rainy day. My dad took me to the camera store, where we met my grandparents, who were a big part of that good day. The salesguy brought out the box from the back room, the box full of the camera I had chosen a few days before. He set me up with a few accessories, the bill was paid, and home we went over the slick streets.

Arriving at home was when the fun really took off. I fetched my point and shoot to chronicle the event of unpacking, play by play.

moment

I was sa-vor-ing that moment. Excitement was coursing through my veins, but I was happy to sit back, snap some photos, and enjoy the happy disbelief.

yay!

untouched

Ooooh....major excitement mounting!

swathed

I couldn't believe that this curious synthetic-wrapped black lump was mine. :)

there it is!

The whole time, I felt slightly dazed. In the best way, of course! ;) I hadn't been expecting a camera like that, right then.

I was blessed with that camera. It's opened up so many possibilities. Sometimes, it feels unreal. I wasn't lucky when I got this camera; I was blessed.

Incredibly, amazingly blessed.

I'm indebted to so many people; the men and women who encouraged me, helped me financially, gave advice. I'm indebted to Jesus, who laid the foundation for everything good thing that has entered my life.

Thank you. Thank you.
~M

3 comments:

Kendall said...

Awesome! I remember when I got my camera--it was so amazing & a little dizzying, as you said. :) I love your photos, by the way: you have a great eye!

Marianela said...

Cool! Your camera looks great. :)
Have fun taking pictures with it!

Marieanne said...

I use the same camera, and it's so amazing!! I love it soooo much :D