Thursday, January 20, 2011

I get it now.


{4/365}

I know why people do 365 Day Projects for their photography. I just figured it out.

Photography has not been the constant companion to me that it used to be. I have been busy with other things, and have been inclined to spend my free time reading or playing the piano instead of taking pictures. (That is really okay, though; for a while there, I was hardly reading anything.)

Two of 2011 Resolutions/Aspirations were print my photographs, and create print-worthy photographs in small, beautifully disciplined amounts. But I'll be honest: I haven't taken over 10 art photographs since January 1st. I have turned on my camera to take a picture of something that needed documenting, a picture of my darling little sister reading with the dog, or the new floors in the upstairs of my house . . . life happenings like that.

But if I want my skills as an artist--and in this area photographer--to grow, I need to learn how to see and take photographs of what I do see. My new photography philosophy: don't take twenty pictures of the same thing, searching for the perfect angle or whatever, just because there is room for 1,000 more pictures on your memory card and you aren't wasting film. Take a picture because you know it will be beautiful. Work hard for the perfect shot, because that will make it so much more precious.

So I think that I have a new idea in mind. I am going to start a 365 project. Now I am smiling . . . it's gonna be exciting to take at least one photograph everyday that I can devote my willingness for perfection to. This will be great!
~~~~

Well, have a delightful day, friends! I don't know about you, but I love this harsh winter that everyone is experiencing. I am gonna miss it once March rolls around. :)
Signed with anticipation and other good feelings,
Margaret

PS-- Once again, my quote of the day gadget gives me a perfect one:

Each day provides its own gifts.
~Marcus Aurelius

It's my new job to wrap 'em up in good photographs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really cool idea!

Ellyn said...

That sounds awesome! :) :) I will look forward to seeing some of these photos in the future...