Friday, February 4, 2011

New button and such:

Whew. I feel the beginnings of accomplishment in the world of HTML. I whipped out a new button for this blog:



It was pretty fun and not too exasperating to make. :) Fellow blogger Carlotta was the one who had the tutorial that helped me along. Click here to see it and maybe make your own! So if you have my old button, I would *love* it if you would take this newer, spiffier one. :) Thankyouthankyou!

In other news....
Last night, I did something so rejuvenating and relaxing that I could have been in the Caribbean.

I outlined for my novel.

I am over 60,000 words and was still in the NaNo mindset: write until something happens. I had a place to go with the story, but I was still just meandering around, waiting for things to happen. Underneath all my optimism, I was very frustrated.

So my character, Cadish, reached a point where she just started to think. After writing a few sentences of her confused wonderings, I just opened a new document and outlined from that place on in the story. I surprised myself with how much I knew about the story. Getting it all down in print was like sewing a garment together.

It was glorious. And I can't wait to chop back a few pages, start the beginnings of the climax afresh, and finish that manuscript!

With a wink and wave,
Margaret
~~~~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Finish the manuscript. I wish I could do that with mine. :(

Claudia said...

oh thank you for a link on how to make these, I usually know just enough html to mess up the boarders of my blog ;). now I can work on making one of my own too!

how creative, a pen name for your pen name ;) and good for you for just digging in on your manuscript - sometimes that "down time" can also be a time of percolating ideas. I don't think it's ever "wasted" time even though it may feel that way.
~Claudia

Ellyn said...

Yay!!!!
That's great, Margaret!

- And I'll be taking your button!

Mia said...

Aw, Shaynie, you can finish your novel! Just step back and take a breath, see what you want for it, and follow accordingly...it is working for me! I hope that you find inspiration, fellow writer!

Mrs. C., I totally agree. Sometimes, when I find myself taking more than a few seconds to get my bearings, I berate myself for "chewing the creativity out". Ha. It's okay to slow down. :)

Thanks for updating your blogroll, Ellyn!