Monday, May 31, 2010

My summer list!

I have noticed a lot of bloggers are making up lists of things they are looking forward to this summer, so I am following suit and doing the same:

1. Next week I am going to Missouri with my grandparents and little sister. Adventures can happen anywhere, and I am ready for 'em.

2. I am going to be a camp counselor for the very first time. I am kind of nervous, but I am asking God to remove my doubts and He is working.

3. I am hoping, hoping, hoping to get a lot of much needed writing done. I have been shameless in my lack of discipline.

4. My friend and I are going to practice our tennis skills all summer. We played our first game today and need much improvement, but we are both really psyched and can't wait to get better!

5. Three of my best pals and I are having a tent party! ^_^

6. I am going on a retreat to Lake Superior, one of my very favorite places in the world.

7. I am going to a wedding. I love weddings and haven't been to one for a couple years.

8. I spend a week or so each summer with my grandparents and cousins in the Iowa countryside, and this year hopefully won't be different!

9. I have a lot of reading to do. A lot.

10. My new-ish writers group and I are going to get organized, and that just makes me smile. :)

-Thank you, veterans, for protecting America's freedom through so many trials. God bless you for your service.-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! Thanks for following my blog! :)

You're gonna be a camp counselor? Me too! This will be my 2nd time counseling, but its at a different session (11-13 year olds instead of 9-11 year olds). I didn't have a very good experience last year, but that was mainly due to some older staff members. Oy. But! I'm going to give it another try & I'm way excited!

Have fun!

--Morgan

Amber said...

I love your blog! could you please follow mine?

Rachel Kimberly said...

It looks like a great list! Busy summers, huh?