Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sky and sun

I was just looking through all of the pictures on my computer and noticed that I really like to photograph the sky. Here are some pictures taken from different places in America:


These two are from Arizona:


The next four are of Lake Superior:

This one above is interesting, with its varied colors in the sky.


The next three are from Iowa:

Isn't this one silver?

Whenever I am in a place like this, I feel so small under all that sky!

Don't you love the glow?

And these last ones are from my own yard:


Last October, during a lull in a rainstorm.

A November sunset. (The blurriness is intentional. I think that it makes it look somewhat like a Monet painting!)




My favorite part about these photos is that although they were taken in several very different places, the light was provided by the very same source: the sun. And even if these skies and sunsets are beautiful, wouldn't their Creator be even more so?

And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light -Revelation 22:5

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow, those pictures are gorgeous! You took them? You are an amazing photography! I love taking pictures of the sky too. My favorite time to take picture of the sky is when it is different colors, like organge, pink, and yellow which is right before sunset. I think it is SO beautiful!

I am following your blog. I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com