Friday, April 9, 2010

Testing, testing, 1 2 3...

These last few days I have been taking the tests that I do at the end of each school year (although I am not quite finished with the school year yet). I don't exactly mind taking the tests, i.e. I don't get nervous or study like nuts before the clock starts ticking. But sometimes I do need to take school more seriously! For example, could someone remind me what a simple subject of a sentence would be? I seem to have forgotten...or maybe I never committed it to my mind in the first place. I had to make my best guess when those questions were thrown at me!

Another worry: I was doing the math computation test, which is something I like far more than the concepts and applications. Whenever I came to problem that would take some time, I skipped it and came back to it when I had all the "easy" problems finished. Well, I had gone over all the problems, and still had time left on the clock, so I re-did one that hadn't given me any trouble. And I got a different answer. Oh snap. Now I was very insecure about the answers I had given to the other ones I had thought to be no trouble. But I checked the other answers until the time ran out, and almost all were consistent. [Insert crossed fingers here]

And in the science test, there were questions about concepts I had read about in physics last year, as well as biology ones, which I did this year. The physics questions kinda shook me up, but I finished all the tests and now am anxiously awaiting the results. The test has always been something I knew I needed try my hardest on, but now that I am high school, the scores seem to be ever so much important.

No comments: